I want to thank Ivon Prefontaine (email@example.com) and David Kanigan (davidkanigan.com) for nominating me for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award. The irony of course is that David’s blog has inspired me from the first day I started blogging six months ago, and Ivon has been a recent, delightful and thought-provoking discovery. That either finds me worthy of being in this category is super-surprising to me. I don’t think I’m in their league, though like a persistent, pain-in-the-butt sibling, I keep knocking on the door… And then David whispers through the door “what’s the password”, I say “please?” and he laughs…Seriously, thank you both very, very much..
Ok, seven things about me that you don’t know…
1. I’ve got a safari on my bucket list. My sister is going on my fantasy trip next year, and I’m totally pumped for her. And a little jealous too.
2. I’ve got a lot of places I want to see – and I’m embarrassed to say that many of them are within the US. It’s strange to talk about seeing other countries when you haven’t even seen your own. Road trip anyone?
3. I can cry just thinking about the music from “An Affair to Remember” with Cary Grant and Deborah Kerr…”Dahling, I was looking up…”…let’s not even talk about the last five minutes of any rom-com, drama, cartoon or action movie. This makes me a lousy movie date.
4. But I’m a cheap date – which doesn’t mean I can be had. Well, if you asked my husband..
5. Andy and I are coming up on our 20th anniversary – which I will write about later. Given that this wasn’t either of our first trips down the aisle, I’d say it’s an impressive number. More importantly, I’d say we have at least another forty or fifty to go…
6. Yes, as the admission above suggests, I plan on sticking around for a long time
7. I have never been as transparent with my thoughts as I have within this community.
So…hoo’s next?? (Sorry I couldn’t resist and was looking for a chance to use this picture)…
I am hoping to list blogs that I have not written about before. This is the fun part…Here are seven more blogs I find inspiring, rewarding, funny, thoughtful and rife with talent…
anakegoodall.wordpress.com – Anake posts incredible images and music – I anticipate each post with curiosity and enthusiasm
clotildajamcracker.wordpress.com – she is a hoot and very popular..you’ll read her and understand why..
magnoliabeginnings.org – Maureen’s journey is honest, open and welcoming. You can feel her heart in her words, and I just love that.
lifeinthedashlane.wordpress.com – Lee is amazing – smart, frank and so full of life she practically jumps off the page.
awindowinthewoods.com – Suzanne is a talented photographer, sharing pictures that delight and remind us of the wonder all around.
shoesonthewrongfeet.com – I delight in the stories of day-to-day life with two very active, curious and gorgeous little boys as seen through the eyes of their adoring, busy and on-the-move mom. You don’t have to be a parent to enjoy her posts and pictures!
newsofthetimes.org – Jenni is provocative, engaging and challenges her readers to think and engage in a dialogue about timely news making issues and topics. I may not always add my two cents, but I will always read her perspective (and those of her followers) with interest.
My thanks again to David and Ivon – I make no promises, but will try to get close to the bar you have set..