44 comments on “My Gym Fantasy

1. You are a riot, Mimi! Where do you *find* this stuff?! I’m betting that, in reality, girlfriend can ROCK a plank… :-)

• mimijk says:

You should see me rock a plank…until I fall over…walking into the gym as I write this…look out you little spandex’ed wonders, I am entering the building!

2. I have never seen this before- It is great!

3. Jo says:

The pictures are the best. Thanks for the great start to Friday. Sure to keep me chuckling all day. PS I thought a plank was a piece of wood, anyway :)

4. Andy says:

Very funny. I only see the girl on top when I look at you though.

5. Christine says:

I’m with Lori. You most certainly look like the former photo whilst in plank. I do not believe for one second that you don’t breathe your way through struggle and keep a calm, serene shell.

• mimijk says:

Hmmm..you very wonderful friends..I wonder then why I think the entire gym floor shakes when I collapse?? :-) Ok, it doesn’t really..
      But there is no way, I look like the top picture either – you just have to trust me on this..

6. Carrie says:

Go get ‘em Tiger!

The sad thing about the bottom photo is she remembers when she looked more like the top one…in reality, she’s still a magnificent creature…but she can’t see it and the world doesn’t say it.

7. Rhonda says:

I’m with your very smart friends Lori and Carrie. And if I looked like number one I wouldn’t have time to spend with my beautiful friends here ’cause I’d have to plank my butt all the time to stay that way. I’m too lazy for that. I’m better at being a good ol’ piece of worn barn board…full of character and can sometimes add value (if used the right way).

• mimijk says:

I’ve seen your picture honey – you can’t sell me on a ‘worn barn board’ – ain’t buyin’ it..xox

• Rhonda says:

Aw come on….I wanna be repurposful (another new word, love it) when I’m old and weathered and gray. Don’t wanna be no stinkin’ plank! haha

• mimijk says:

We need to create a dictionary of new words, cause you come up with some of the best…You’re just not reeady to be repurposed yet kiddo – sorry, you’re too much of a hot mama (and I’m not talkin’ menopause here)..

• Rhonda says:

lol. ever thought of going into motivational speaking Mim? you are a natural! thanks for the Friday the 13th smiles. :lol:

• mimijk says:

Actually?? Part of what I did in my former life…love you Rhonda woman – have a great day!! I am off to the shower because after the gym, I am truly offending myself..

8. I just got back in from a run and read your post…and it’s a good thing I had put my coffee down first. Hilarious and great way to start the day…thank! Plank on :)

9. angus johnso says:

You make me laugh way to much!!!!!! Lol

10. Jo-Anne says:

Fantasy #2 v. the reality‚Ķ…………..is me without a doubt yes that really does look like this short fat middle aged woman so stop laughing it is not funny when we realise we look like that……………lol Ok it is funny you can laugh all you want………..

11. I may have felt like this at the gym this morning, but certainly did NOT look like this…what’s up?

12. Candy S says:

That’s not even funny! ….. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D

13. Yeah, but the plank in the second photo burns more calories.

14. russtowne says:

I liked both parts of this post a LOT! Thank you for the LOL post, Mimi!

Russ